Microsoft gives Windows 10 as a free improve for all Windows eight and Windows 7 house owners, however when you’re not happy with Windows 10 you’ll be able to simply rollback to the earlier model of Windows. A number of customers reported that keyboard isn’t working on their Windows after performing a rollback, so let’s see if we will repair that.
- 1 Keyboard not working after Windows 10 rollback
- 1.1 Answer 1 – Begin Protected Mode
- 1.2 Answer 2 – Reinstall your keyboard driver
- 1.3 Answer three – Copy the Driver folder from a working pc
- 1.4 Answer four – Replace your keyboard driver
- 1.5 Answer 5 – Run Hardware and Units troubleshooter
- 1.6 Answer 6 – Modify your registry
- 1.7 Answer 7 – Carry out a System Restore
Keyboard not working after Windows 10 rollback
Keyboard points is usually a huge drawback, and talking of those points, listed here are some issues that customers reported:
- Windows 10 keyboard not typing letters – This may be an annoying drawback, however you may be capable of repair it by getting into Protected Mode, so make sure to attempt that.
- Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 – Typically each your keyboard and mouse gained’t work correctly and to repair this drawback it’s suggested to run the Hardware and Units troubleshooter.
- Keyboard not working home windows 10 Dell, HP, ASUS, Acer, Toshiba laptop computer, desktop – This problem is often brought on by outdated drivers, so replace them when you possibly can and verify if that helps.
- Lenovo laptop computer keyboard not working Windows 10 – This situation happens often as a result of your keyboard driver, however you’ll be able to repair the issue by reinstalling the problematic driver.
Answer 1 – Begin Protected Mode
Customers reported points with the keyboard after rolling again from Windows 10, and in case your keyboard isn’t working you may need to attempt beginning Windows in Protected Mode. Protected Mode begins with default purposes and drivers, subsequently utilizing Protected Mode can typically repair a majority of these errors.
To entry Protected Mode, do the next:
- Open the Settings app by urgent Windows Key + I shortcut. As soon as the Settings app opens, navigate to the Replace & Safety part.
- Choose Restoration from within the left pane. In the proper pane, click on the Restart now button.
- Now select Troubleshoot > Superior choices > Startup Settings. Click on the Restart button.
- After your PC restarts, an inventory of choices will seem. Press the suitable keyboard key to decide on the specified model of Protected Mode.
In case your keyboard works with none issues in Protected Mode attempt beginning Windows usually and verify if the issue persists.
Answer 2 – Reinstall your keyboard driver
In case your keyboard isn’t working after rollback from Windows 10, we advise that you simply reinstall your keyboard driver. Reinstalling a sure driver is straightforward and you are able to do it by following these steps:
- Begin Gadget Supervisor. Proper-click the Begin button and select Gadget Supervisor from the listing.
- Find the Keyboards part and increase it.
- Find your keyboard, proper click on it and select Uninstall from the menu.
- When the affirmation window seems click on OK.
After the keyboard driver is eliminated it’s essential to restart your pc. When your PC restarts the default keyboard driver shall be put in and your keyboard ought to begin working.
Answer three – Copy the Driver folder from a working pc
Few customers reported that they managed to repair this drawback by copying driver folders from a working PC. Keep in mind that you simply want a working pc that makes use of the identical working system which are you presently utilizing. For instance, should you’re utilizing the 32-bit model of Windows 7 be sure you copy these folders from one other 32-bit Windows 7. To repeat these information you should do the next:
- Go to C:WindowsSystem32 folder and find the drivers and DriverStore folders and Blue DRVSTORE file. For those who can’t discover the final file simply copy the primary two.
- Put these information on a USB flash drive and join it to your PC.
- Paste these folders to C:WindowsSystem32 folder in your PC and overwrite the prevailing folders.
We have now to say that this process can result in system instability, subsequently it could be a good suggestion to again up your unique drivers and DriverStore folders simply in case. If some points emerge, you may need to revive the unique folders as a way to repair it. If the keyboard nonetheless isn’t working or in case you have any points after copying folders from a special PC, you may need to reinstall Windows to be able to repair these issues.
Answer four – Replace your keyboard driver
Based on customers, typically your keyboard gained’t work after Windows 10 rollback as a result of your drivers. Your keyboard drivers could be corrupted or outdated, so it’s suggested to replace them. You are able to do that by following these steps:
- Open Gadget Supervisor.
- Find your keyboard, right-click it and select Replace driver.
- Now select Search routinely for up to date driver software program.
Windows will now attempt to discover and obtain one of the best driver on your keyboard. This technique doesn’t all the time work, however you may as well attempt to manually replace your keyboard drivers. To try this, simply comply with these steps:
- Open Gadget Supervisor, find your keyboard and select Replace driver from the menu.
- This time select Browse my pc for driver software program.
- Obtain this PC Restore Software rated “Excellent” on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on “Start Scan” to seek out Windows points that could possibly be inflicting PC issues.
- Click on “Repair All” to repair all points with Patended Applied sciences (requires improve).
- Now choose Let me decide from an inventory of obtainable drivers on my pc.
- Now you simply have to pick the driving force that you simply need to use and verify if that solves your drawback.
For numerous PC issues, we advocate this software.
This software program will restore widespread pc errors, shield you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your PC for max efficiency. Repair PC points now in three straightforward steps:
One other solution to replace your drivers is to make use of third-party software program comparable to TweakBit Driver Updater. This can be a easy device, and it permits you to replace all of your drivers mechanically with simply a few clicks.
As soon as your keyboard drivers are updated, the difficulty must be resolved.
Answer 5 – Run Hardware and Units troubleshooter
In case your keyboard isn’t working, the issue could be a minor glitch in your system. Typically these glitches can happen, and the quickest solution to cope with them is to run Hardware and Units troubleshooter. To try this, simply comply with these steps:
- Open the Settings app and go to the Replace & Safety part.
- Decide Troubleshoot from the left pane. In the suitable pane, choose Hardware and Units and click on Run the troubleshooter button.
- Comply with the directions on the display to finish the troubleshooting course of.
After the troubleshooter course of is completed, examine if the issue continues to be there. This can be a easy answer, nevertheless it may assist you to out with this drawback, so be happy to attempt it out.
Answer 6 – Modify your registry
Based on customers, typically your keyboard may not work if there’s a problem together with your registry. To repair this drawback, it’s suggested that you simply manually edit your registry by doing the next:
- Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit. Press Enter or click on OK.
- When Registry Editor opens, head over to the next places:
- For each of those keys you have to discover and edit UpperFilters worth. Merely change the worth to kbdclass. If there are another values inside UpperFilters, take away them and depart solely kbdclass.In case UpperFilters worth isn’t obtainable, merely right-click the empty area in the proper pane and select New > Multi-String Worth. Set the identify to the UpperFilters and alter accordingly.
- After making these modifications, restart your PC and verify if the issue is resolved.
We’ve to warn you that modifying the registry could be probably harmful, so we advise you to export each these keys earlier than modifying them. If any difficulty happens after modifying these keys, use the exported keys to revive the registry to its unique state.
We all know that this can be a bit superior answer, so in the event you’re not conversant in Registry Editor and also you don’t know find out how to edit your registry, maybe it is best to simply skip this answer.
Answer 7 – Carry out a System Restore
In case that the issue with the keyboard continues to be there, you may be capable of remedy it just by performing a System Restore. In case you don’t know, System Restore is a helpful function that permits you to restore your system to an earlier date and repair many issues alongside the best way. To try this, simply comply with these steps:
- Sort system restore within the search subject. Select Create a restore level from the record.
- When the System Properties window seems, click on the System Restore button.
- Click on the Subsequent button within the System Restore window to proceed.
- If obtainable, verify Present extra restore factors choice. Now you simply have to decide on the specified restore level and click on Subsequent.
- Comply with the directions on the display to complete the restoration course of.
As soon as your PC is restored, your keyboard ought to begin working once more.
When you’re nonetheless having points together with your peripherals and hardware otherwise you merely need to keep away from them for the longer term, we additionally advocate you to obtain this device to repair numerous PC issues, akin to hardware failure, but in addition file loss and malware.
Rollback from Windows 10 can typically trigger sure points, however we hope that you simply managed to repair keyboard points after utilizing a few of our options.
Editor’s Notice: This submit was initially revealed in July 2016 and has been since utterly revamped and up to date for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.